Thursday, June 11, 2009

We all need the clowns to make us smile.

Hello, my dearest blog readers:

As many of you know, I recently auditioned for and was accepted into IndyProv, Indianapolis’ only independent (and Emmy-nominated) improvisational comedy troupe. For those of you who weren’t aware of this yet, you should really read my blog closer.

After many weeks of grueling, torturous rehearsals where I endured my fellow IndyProv-ers hazing me, teaching me, and generally laughing at me instead of with me, I have finally been deemed “Ready for Prime-Time!” My first live performance will be at IndyProv’s show on Friday, June 19th. The show starts at 10:30pm, and the show is at Talbott Street Bar, in the Legends Lounge (a non-smoking lounge, even though the bar is smoker-friendly for those of you who partake). Talbott Street Bar is located at 2145 Talbott Street, at the corner of Talbott and 21st Street, just a few blocks east of Meridian Street, here in scenic downtown Indianapolis.

If seeing me on stage in all of my glory wasn’t enough incentive for you to come, how about no cover charge and $2.50 well drinks and Bud & Bud Lites? And it’s an adult-themed show where we make our scenes and skits based on your suggestions! How can you afford NOT to come?!

This will definitely be one of those glorious nights that you will tell your children about 12 years from now. Don’t ask me how it’s going to be such a great night, exactly; just trust me on this one. You will kick yourself if you miss it. Or I will kick yourself if you miss it. Whichever your prefer.

You’ve laughed at me plenty on the web; now get a chance to come laugh at me on stage. Hope to see you all there!

No comments:

Post a Comment